Tuesday 6 May 2008

Whole DOSBOX compiled :)


Wow! I managed to compile entire source code (with just some minor changes, and one typo fix) and run the exec in the emulator (WINSCW). I got typical DOSBOX copyright message (from sdlmain.cpp), and that is gonna to use default config. And then Exit to error: Cannot allocate memory of 16MB followed by emulator crash shortly due to PANIC ALLOC :).
But its a nice progress, and a good starting point for debugging. In debug mode dosbox compiles to around 8megs exec.
I disabled FPU, dynamically recompiled core, OpenGL (obviously) but rest of it is almost intact.
The are some problems to compile render_scalers.cpp (src/gui/) in release mode - it simply hangs, but i will tackle that later on.

4 comments:

Gian said...

Good job! :D
I'm happy to see someone has interest on dosbox on uiq, i'll follow the project and help at least on testing if possible ;)

Anonymous said...

nice, man!
good job!

> I disabled <...> OpenGL (obviously)
the fact, that all UIQ3-devices have OpenGL ES graphics chip does not help? are the api's too different?

keksbrot said...

is it possible that you upload your files ? rapidshare or something else - thankz

Калоян Парчев said...

Hi guys,

I have tried the Dosbox for UIQ. It is unique indeed! :-) However no Windows version is starting on my phone W960. It is with the latest Firmware, as well as with the UIQ 3.1 But I have no success. May be the problem is within the phone itself because I receive "Dump file created" message and the DOSBOX closes. :-) Typically for Sony Ericsson software.
Does anybody have a solution for this one?
Another very important thing is that the touch screen actually works!! However again there is an issue with the sensitivity and accuracy of the touch.
I can write the developer with some more feedback but I am not sure who is he...

Thank you for everythnig.

Regards,
Kaloian